2 Chronicles 7:14

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

"In the midst of our nation's struggles, crippling hurts and confusion, I lift our leaders (good and bad) to You in prayer for guidance and help. Grant us a Godly pulse beat, aligned with Your will and direction. Give us Christian leadership. Revive us spiritually. May we regain the standards we have so carelessly thrown away and once again become one nation under God. 

Cleanse our sins and heal our land, I pray. Deliver us from drugs and violence. Help our people who love You to step forth and speak out for what is right. Help our schools, our teachers, our children to keep setting new goals, dreaming new dreams, and aiming high.

Wrap Your arms around our dear country's young people and dry their tears. Lead them toward a future that is good and true. Help us to go forth as a nation, to be an example to the world, by Your love and grace.

Most of all, Lord, may I do my best to help. May the love,  kindness, and dedication begin within me.

In Jesus name, amen."

~ taken from 'When I'm On My Knees, Daily Devotional Journal by Anita Corrine Donihue, Nov 29'

I had to share this, dear readers, for it's what's been on my heart and I couldn't have said this better. Surely God inspired this Christian. I have used this devotional journal since last year and each day it becomes what I need to be reminded of. His way of letting me know how to pray, what to pray for, that He is near, in control, cares and will always fulfill His promises. I know today is not November 29 but I was going back thru pages I'd starred and His Spirit stopped me here. I pray it reaches your heart and soul as it has mine. Join me in continuing to pray for our country, our leaders and as Ms. Donihue said, let it begin with me. With us. God bless America.







No comments:

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails